It was in those same catacombs that the early Christians gathered for the breaking of the Eucharist. The Church marked the burial of the faithful with special rituals and held burial grounds to be sacred traditions that the Church has preserved until the present time.
Holy Cross was dedicated in 1919. With over 40 acres at the time, it became the answer to the demands of Catholic families throughout San Diego County.
Mrs. Henrietta Keith became the first burial on Feb. 1, 1919. Since then, over 52,000 people have been interred in consecrated ground. In 1939 the Chapel Mausoleum was built, a three-story addition was completed in 1996 creating hundreds of spaces for caskets and urns. In 2001 our Holy Apostles Garden Mausoleum was expanded adding hundreds of spaces. We continue to offer all forms of ground burial and entombment, including the burial and inurnment of cremated remains.
This is our commitment: to maintain our facilities with an anticipation of the needs and desires of those we serve. To preserve these resting places as a symbol of our Catholic Faith. To offer a place for quiet seclusion, for contemplative reflection and meditation where prayers are offered for the eternal rest of all those who have gone before us.
Comforting and assisting families is our mission. We are committed to providing compassionate, personalized service whether it is before the time of need, at the time of need, or long after. Please contact us if you have questions, or would like to receive information about the services we offer. (619) 264-3127